Anita's 365 Zentangles

Anita Aspfors Westin of Rättvik, Dalarna, Sweden is creating 365 zentangles!



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project now because I need to. I made a project 3 years ago with collages and assemblages. It was great, though I had some trouble to make it to the end. I moved from Stockholm during the year and that made me take some breaks. I have missed doing a project for some time now so I am ready for it. I started doing zentangles because I thought it would be a good idea to let my students try this. Well I was sucked myself in zentangeling so then I got the idea to make this in a project. It is fun and relaxing and it suits me to make something that is easy to do but make it regularly.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? This question I think I would answer when this project is finished. 
The project Collages and assemblages I started 2012 and finished 2013 affected my life in several ways. I made new experiences of different materials. I learned about myself, about my limits and I found more freedom in my own work as a painter. Yes in fact my personal touch in my work is more obvious today because of that project.  My studio contains a lot of other stuff than before! My stress-level is under control now and my focus is much more in the work I do. I guess that means I will do some more project after this one I´ve just started!

See all of Anita's zentangles HERE

No comments: