Year of Creative Habits

Crystal Moody in Springfield, Missouri is creating a Year of Creative Habits. She explains that it is, "a project inspired by artists that write about creativity like Twyla Tharp, Julia Cameron, and Austin Kleon. I have 4 rules for myself: 1) choose one creative habit to focus on 2) do it everyday for a month 3) share my progress/effort 4) reflect on the month and make changes going forward. My goal is to find and develop creative habits that work for me."


Why did you decide to do this project? I often found myself looking at cool stuff online wishing I was cool too. I spent way too much time admiring others' creativity. I rarely took time to create something myself. I looked at my four-year-old daughter's drawings and I was completely amazed. I wanted to be more like her. So I set up this project for myself. This is my year of creative habits.





How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? This project has completely taken over my thoughts. It has changed my daily routines and opened up many doors...such as being invited to show my work in an art show and asked to illustrate for specific events and causes. It's changed how I view myself and what I see as possible.

"You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine." John C. Maxwell


Follow Crystal's year HERE.

No comments: