365 Missional Practice

Trish Hernandez in Woodbridge, Virginia recently completed her yearlong project 365MissionalPractice... 


Why did you decide to do this project?  I am passionate about spiritual formation, missional practice, and creativity.  I decided last December this would be my "stretch me" project for this year and combined all three passions as my daily devotional experience.  Sharing it in a blog helped with my personal accountability, but also helped the congregation that I pastor, and others, to join me in the experience.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Wow... Doing a project a day has stretched me to be more disciplined and consistent in many areas of my life.  Matching up the suggested project with a "hands on" spiritual formation moment took me deeper into my relationship with God and my faith community and helped me to focus on the needs of my neighborhood and the world and to inspire others to do the same.  Taking time out of a busy schedule each day has helped me to focus more on what matters most.  Using the 365 Journal challenged me to try some creative projects that I might not have ever considered, such as quilling, thinking microscopically, and using a variety of materials in recycling projects. 

I'm already planning the next steps of the creative journey in the world of spiritual formation.


See all of Trish's project HERE.

No comments: