Artifacts and Alchemy

Mistie K. Jordan in Michigan is creating a project she calls Artifacts and Alchemy. She explains, "This is a yearlong commitment by me to: simplify, use the stuff I have, get rid of the things I don't, organize and create with what I have."



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to start this project to help with gnawing goals that have lots of thought in my head but seem to have trouble finding their way to actual physical activity to being completed.  Your book made me think about how the days fly by and can be filled with the projects, ideas, and joy that we choose to fill them with, IF, we are willing to take action and commit to them.

Creativity is my goal. Respect, love, and delight in my creativity as a gift for myself and to share with others everyday. I will create with the materials I like (artifacts) , share what I know and learn and practice new techniques (alchemy). I will post on my blog at least once a week to record and share my progress. We are talking life change in little steps.





How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I say on my blog that I feel like I cheated to get started.  I read your book in the summer, and stirred around in my head while I had a bunch of other commitments to complete.  I pushed through the summer doing stuff that I realized I really DID NOT want to be doing.  All my creativity was pushed to the side and I was really frustrated and sad about losing myself in the projects of others.  Then I started thinking that I have been doing that for a long time.  So, in September I just dove in and started de-cluttering and rediscovering treasures.  It has been amazing so far the space I have discovered in my house and the creative ideas I have that keep flowing and the centeredness I feel in giving myself permission to accept and act on those ideas.  I have started documenting my progress on my blog now that I feel what my true goal for the year is, and that I feel really compelled to act upon my goal regardless of the other things that are happening in my life.  I have been able to say "no" over and over again to projects that seem to be taking my time, but that have no respect for my creative passions.  As the year goes on and there is less clutter and more creating space, I feel more excited rather than overwhelmed.


See all of Mistie's artifacts HERE.




 

No comments: