Kathy’s Daily Art

Kathleen Loomis in Kentucky has been making Kathy’s Daily Art since 2001!... 



Why did you decide to do this project?
I’ve done some kind of daily art every year but one since 2001.  I like the structure and discipline of daily art, but since each installment is relatively small it gives me plenty of freedom to experiment and be frivolous within the larger, more serious framework of a year-long commitment.  Each year I choose a new set of rules.


 
How has doing a daily project affected your life? During the last three years, when my major daily art has been photography, I have taken to carrying  my camera everywhere and shooting many, many pictures.  Being always on the lookout for interesting photos has changed the way I look at my surroundings – I see pictures in the most commonplace situations.  And taking all these pictures has immeasurably improved my eye and my photo skills.
 

See all of Kathleen's art HERE.


No comments: