365 Hand Project

Kim Knapp in Houston Texas is doing a 365 Hand Project...




Why did I decide to do this project? A friend shared your book and website with me. I explored the website, read the book and enjoyed doing several of the exercises. For 5 months I mulled it over.....could I carve out time in my day for 365 days to commit to being creative? I am an Entrepreneur, busy running a home based business. I find my self in a rut and doing the same thing, day in and day out. I'm a runner and keep a rigid schedule for training and working out. I don't have the time for one more thing. I find too, I'm getting way to serious! At 53 I realized I needed to get back to basics and this project was just what I needed to tap into my creativity, let my hair down and have fun! On May 5th I woke up and decided to begin my project. So far I have proven to my self that you make time for things that are important to you. I made this project a priority. So far I have had no problem finding the time to do it :)  I think making the commitment was the hardest decision. I will honor my word to myself and see this through 365 days. 



How has doing this yearlong/daily project affected my life? It has added an element of fun and adventure to each day. It's taken me on "field trips"... out from behind my desk. I am only a month into the project and already have had a few wild adventures! I created Mr and Mrs Inkspot. Pinkie and Pointer. I took the photo, enlarged it, mounted to display board and take them with me on trips. Most recently attracted attention at a red light in the hill country of Texas for a photo with the Inkspot family. (Hand #25) It was fun to see the smiles on peoples faces.

I seek my husbands assistance from time to time. He is a good sport and enjoys helping me. I dressed up his hand (Hand #14) and we played for about an hour. We laughed and laughed. We made a memory for sure and the photos were wonderful! I smile every time I look at them. I look forward to other "hand" projects with my husbands involvement. It has added another positive dimension to our relationship. 

I look forward to each day with anticipation because of this project. What is the world presenting to me to explore?  I think faster on my feet and make more decisive business decisions. This project is keeping me on my toes and I'm more effective and intentional not only in my business life but my personal life too. 



See all of Kim's hand HERE.

 

No comments: