Sun A Day Follow-Up

I'm periodically checking back in with some folks who have completed their 365 projects...

Tara Raymo made a Sun A Day for every day of 2011...



What are the biggest lessons/skills you learned from doing your project? The biggest lesson I learned is that not everything has to be exactly perfect. I realized that when I didn’t care for something that I created, I would then look back on it and actually think it wasn’t that bad. I learned to just enjoy the moment of creating something. Through the project I found that I enjoy carving and need to learn more about the different techniques.



In what ways did the project change your life? I lost touch with my artistic side many years ago, so the biggest change was that I realized how much I had lost. I am starting to feel more myself now that I am getting back into my art. I am a graphic artist for a children’s nonfiction book publisher, and my project has helped me become more creative at work.




Now what? Right now I am taking January to organize my Sun A Day project. I want to start sketching, learning new techniques and I want to start showing off my Digital Designs. I plan to start posting some kind of art or project that I am working on at least once a week, hopefully starting in February.


Read her original 365 interview HERE.


See all of her suns HERE.

No comments: