52 Weeks of Urban Exploring

Samantha Hartman in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is doing 52 Weeks of Urban Exploring...




Why did you decide to do this project? I am doing this project because it has always been something I've wanted to try, and after constantly looking at other people's daily or weekly projects, I finally gave in and decided to take on the challenge. Recently getting a new camera was the perfect motivation I
needed; I am attached to the thing. I would like to improve my photography and by spanning it out over the course of a year, this is a great opportunity to do so. Exploring abandoned buildings and desolate spots has always been an odd interest of mine, and being able to bring them to life through my camera is such an awesome feeling.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Although I am only on the third week, I already feel so accomplished looking at the photos I have taken so far. Some of them turned out really well and it has brought a great feeling of self satisfaction, and also gets me excited to scout out a location and work on the next set of photos! I feel so inspired and am excited to show my photos off to others. This is definitely a project I would like to stick with throughout the year.


See all of Samantha's explorations HERE.

No comments: