Shadow A Day

Shadow Leitner in Frederick, Maryland is creating a Shadow A Day...



Why did you decide to do this project? Imagination and creativity are an essential part of me but as a working mom I have very limited time for creative expression. So I wanted to find something that I could actually do every day. While contemplating a yearlong project, I had a chance encounter with a large rabbit shadow [which was cast by my feet propped up on a chair]. I immediately took a picture of the shadow, posted it and declared my yearlong challenge to everyone I knew before I had a chance to be overwhelmed and chicken out.  So shadows it is.  Though thinking back on it, shadows should have been the most obvious choice for me to begin with as I have quite an affinity for them.





How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I’m early in this challenge but logging my lessons learned on a page titled illuminations. I have found the spontaneity of shadows exhilarating, even the staged ones are with just what I have at hand, a flashlight and my iPhone camera. This daily commitment has also been good oil for my writing and other art. I’m excited about the journey and enjoying the challenge of finding different ways to project my imagination.


See all of Shadow's shadows HERE.

No comments: