Bella Diva's 30 Days of Jewelry

Idabelle Fosse in Seattle, Washington is making a new piece of jewelry every day for 30 days...





Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to challenge myself to do one new piece of jewelry a day for 30 days because I was inspired by Noah Scalin's presentation at the Schoolhouse Craft conference. I wanted to see if I could push myself to create on demand, as well as to see what new ideas I could get from the things around me. I also wanted to jump start my work for the holiday season and hoped to create some buzz for my new jewelry line.

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?  I have learned to find joy in my "mistakes" as well as the pieces I find to be good. I have learned to appreciate the need for flexibility, and i have learned that though it is a daunting endeavor, that I always get something out of it. most of all, I love the fact that my imagination flows more now than it did. as I was making one piece that was working out well, I got the idea for two others that I wanted to try. it's been a wonderful experience.

Read more about Idabelle's challenge HERE.

No comments: