Art On My iPhone

Keltie Borden in Kingston, Ontario, Canada is spending a year making Art On My iPhone...




Why did you decide to do this project? I attempted a 365 project in 2009 and regrettably bit off more than I could chew.  I was trying to make a mask every day and while it was more fun than I expected it was also not sustainable for me; especially when I got pregnant and became very, very sick.  Now almost three years later I am itching to feel that excitement and inspiration and attempt it again with some hindsight and experience under my belt. I went back and forth for months on what type of project to do and very nearly started one focused on making a pendant every day.  I feel much more confident about using my iPhone to produce art instead, though.






How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I am very early in the project, but so far it's made me feel like I'm doing something good for me.  As a mother of a toddler it's easy to
find myself relinquishing my creativity into projects and ideas for my daughter.  With AOMi I feel like I'm creating things that don't necessarily connect to motherhood or any of the day-to-day things I am
tied to.  Yes; some of the photos are of my daughter and I refer to her from time to time but being creative is something I've needed at every point in my life.

The biggest surprise so far has been my surge of interest in photography. Taking pictures with the iPhone is easy and there are so many photography apps for taking and editing photos that I find myself
looking at my surroundings already with an eye to what's interesting enough to frame in my lens!  I'm excited about taking pictures in a way I never have been before.


See all of Keltie's art HERE.



No comments: