Swirly Doodles

Ashley in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is doing a year of Swirly Doodles and explains "this is a simple project that is just small drawings that swirl back and forth between themselves. Each doodle starts with an almond-shaped base in the center and expands from there using parallel lines. They are always symmetrical, either bilaterally or radially."



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project mostly as a motivational tool, and to see if I could keep it going as an indication of whether or not I'm mentally prepared to tackle a more time intensive project I have an idea for.






How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Since this is a rather simple project it really hasn't affected my life. I can usually multitask well enough, and each doodle only takes a maximum of 3-4 hours if I'm not giving it my full concentration. A few times I've come down to the wire and had to whip up something I wasn't particularly proud of, and those have sometimes kept me awake a little longer than I might have stayed up normally with college classes in the morning, but over all I'd say it's been a low impact and enjoyable experience. I think so far I am going to proceed with my other project idea starting on January 1st. I don't think the overlap in ideas will cause too much trouble since as I said before, this is rather low impact and simplistic in comparison.


See all of Ashley's doodles HERE.

No comments: