Trinket a Day

My friend Beth Brown in Richmond, Virginia is making a Trinket a Day...

TRIN-KET: noun - a small ornament, piece of jewelry, etc., usually of little value.


Why did you decide to do this project? Long ago, in a lifetime that feels oh-so-far-away, my husband and I made jewelry and small crafts and sold them out of the back of our car. The experience was a grand adventure, allowing us to live a carefree and nomadic life for a while, but it left us with tons of leftover supplies when the journey ended. I hung on to all of those materials for over a decade, so it seemed the most logical place to begin a daily project - by using what I already had on hand.
 

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? This daily project has been an overwhelming reminder that something huge can be accomplished in tiny steps. Spending five to ten minutes a day, letting my brain quiet down and have a bit of creative fun, and then watching this enormous cache of finished work build over a few months has been sobering to say the least.

Gone is the age of using the excuse of "I don't have time today." I've also found that I look at every little thing I encounter (even garbage) as a potential piece of a trinket!



See all of Beth's Trinkets HERE.


And be sure to check out the new book Richmond Macabre that Beth co-edited with fellow 365er Phil Ford (and features a cover designed by me!).

No comments: