Doodle Daily Follow-Up

I've decided to periodically check back in with some folks who have completed their 365 projects...

Warren Beinart recently passed the 800th day mark on The Doodle Daily project which he started on June 30th, 2009. 



Why did you continue after the end of your first year? I kept the project going, because I was having so much fun.  I have also met some really amazing and creative people along the way and they would be most disappointed if I broke my streak.

What are the biggest lessons/skills you learned from doing your project so far? I learned that I have a creative, artistic side that I had never truly explored.  Even I am surprised sometimes with what I produce.  I have also enjoyed the routine of having to create something new on a daily basis and ensuring it is posted regularly.



In what ways has the project changed your life? I am more disciplined.  The project has given me a creative outlet that I have always wanted to explore.  I enjoy sharing my artwork with others.  I would really like to get my work published, so that I can influence others to unleash their own creativity, without being afraid.  So a book is definitely in the pipeline (I just have no clue where to start).




Do you ever foresee this project coming to an end and do you have any other projects in the works? I will keep going as long as it does not become stale and I am able to produce new work.  A spin off from my project was to engage others to share their artwork, which I would in turn post online.  In doing so, I created the "World Doodle Challenge" and invited followers to share their own doodles with me.  I have since received countless pieces from all over the world.  My quest is to gather 1,000,000 doodles (which I know is a rather tall order) my motto is to "Unite the world one doodle at a time"   I have been fortunate to be featured on local radio i the DC area, so my aim is to go national with the challenge and help get me closer to my goal.

The project has also helped my grow my graphic design and social networking business.


See Warren's original 365 interview HERE.
And see all of his doodles HERE.


Have you finished your own 365 project? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: