Caffeinated Toothpaste

Josh Bauman in Berlin, Germany is creating a daily diary comic strip called Caffeinated Toothpaste...


Why did you decide to do this project? I started this project as part of Ivan Brunetti's self-study cartooning course (Cartooning: Philosophy and Practice). One of the earlier assignments was to draw a week of four-panel diary strips. That was in March of 2010 and I've been going ever since. My initial drive for continuing the diary strips was to try and draw comics as much as possible and also try and improve my drawing and art skills. 



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? After a few months of drawing strips I compiled them online and began publishing them as a web comic. I've since self published a printed compilation from the first year and have been turning my project into a business that I take very seriously. On the other hand, my friends and family have had to put up with my near-obsessive schedule of getting a comic up at the same time every day, even on vacation.



See all of Josh's comics HERE.

1 comment:

Mark Luetke said...

Love this comic. Great to see you on here Josh! Keep it up!