Art Every Day Follow-Up

I've decided to periodically check back in with some folks who have completed their 365 projects...

Jennifer Gorman made Art Every Day from July 20, 2010 to August 26, 2011...


What are the biggest lessons/skills you learned from doing your project?  Don't beat yourself up!  have fun and make, make, make.  For the most part I learned to be less self conscious about 'putting it out there' and I was much more productive creatively, which flowed over to the rest of my life.  Greater creativity made me happier, happier me is more productive, spontaneous, and in turn MORE CREATIVE.  Big happy circle.




In what ways did the project change your life? As much fun as I had it was much harder than I thought it would be.  I think I didn't realize the magnitude of making something e.v.e.r.y. d.a.y.  I had to make time to make.  Some days it was totally easy, I was already working on something, some days it was much harder; I just didn't WANT to make anything.  Some days I excelled, some days were mediocre and finally some days were major fails.  That's okay, that's life, that's art.

I think the other big way my life changed was the sense of community I found during the past year.  From photographers, painters, and musicians to yarn-bombers and other creative folks they all supported the project and kept me moving along.  “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" is more than just a theme in my art; it is my philosophy in life. I want to help create the power of community, a body of individuals working together to make something better, something bigger. This project helped me understand a singular challenge: how do I unravel the mystery of my piece of the community around me?




Now what? Art Every day 2.0 of course!
The next year I will be building off of something on my Stupendous Life List, something I have already started, a public, found, and hopefully inspirational art project.



See Jennifer's original 365 interview HERE.
And see all of daily her art HERE.


Have you finished your own 365 project? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: