Flower A Day

Kristen in Jersey Shore is making a Flower A Day...




Why did you decide to do this project?  I had been in a crafting rut for the past 4 years because of a career change- I didn't have the time, energy, or in some cases a need to make things. I wanted to change this, because I miss being using the creative part of my brain...that and my craft closet is full,
I decided on flowers primarily because of my upcoming wedding- I have no desire to have real flowers for financial and ethical reasons, and I had been talking about making fabric flowers for awhile. Then I saw a cookie bouquet and flipped out because it was so awesome. Then an origami bouquet on etsy. Then felt rosette boutonnieres. Basically I kept changing my mind on what I wanted to make. So Flower A Day seemed like a good project because I could try out new techniques, or even just making different types of fabric flowers to see how they looked, and so far things are going pretty well!




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? So far it hasn't had a major effect (but I am only on day 4), except for on my 12hr shift days. I'm a Veterinary Technician by trade, and some days I don't get home til 8 at night after working since 8am. I'm trying to make simple projects on those days so I don't completely lose my mind, and save the more complicated projects for my days off.



See all of Kristen's flower's HERE.

No comments: