Smale Scale Sewing 365

Teresa in Minneapolis, Minnesota is doing a 365 project making things from "scraps and leftovers", as part of her blog Small Scale Sewing...



Why did you decide to do this project? I don't consider myself to be a particularly crafty or artistic person or driven to make things (even though I work in the arts), but there are definitely some projects I’ve wanted to try and have not made the effort.  I've been feeling a bit "stuck" recently and an endeavor such as this may be just the prescription I need. I hope to try things that are out of my comfort zone.  I’m interested in how I feel about the projects.  I might not think it is worthwhile, for instance—why do I think this?  Does that matter?  I’m interested in when things work and when they don’t work.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? It has only been about three weeks but I have already done some projects that I would not normally have done.  I’m learning to let go of the notions that it has to be practical, that it has to be perfect, that it has to be “art”, and that it has to have significance.  Just do something.  It can be big or small, easy or complicated.  The hardest part is posting on my blog.  I lack some knowledge there and have a pokey, old, slow computer that makes it more time-consuming than I’d like.  It is still an important component of the project as it teaches me something new and learning new things keeps life interesting.


See all of Teresa's work on her blog HERE.

No comments: