Felis Creatibus

Brenda Schack in Connecticut is attempting to "live a more creative life in 365 days" she calls it Felis Creatibus...          




Why did you decide to do this project? Last year my amazing daughter bought me a great book Skulls. Noah Scalin decided to create a skull a day for a year to challenge his creativity. Amazing book. I was in B&N in January fighting off boredom when I started flipping through the pages of a book I randomly picked up: 365 A Daily Creativity Journal. It was my daughter who realized that the skull-a-day guy wrote the journal. Now I have to buy the book – the universe said so.

I love to create things, anything, but really enjoy working with wire, glass, silly objects, enamels, metal, fabric, and tools. I am a tool junky. I drool in Home Depot. I like making jewelry, but have neglected that part of me for over a year now. I needed to feed the artist something other than chocolate and buttered crackers, so this project seemed like the perfect buddy to keep me going.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I have been doing this since the beginning of January 2011. It has been great!!! I don't just think about crazy fun stuff to make I am doing it! I don't always follow the prompts in the book, but it's a comfort to know it's there when I have no ideas or energy to dream up a crafty project.

I am now plugged into the blogosphere and exceeding my goal of blogging 3 times a week. It can be tough to write as soon as my project is finished, but I am doing it. Because of my 365 blog I also got a commission for a one-of-kind quilted pillow: The Vibrant Dead Dog. My creative spirit is much happier and I am more fearless with my projects because of 365. In fact I am playing with all kinds of mediums and techniques. Felis Creatibus 365 is the creativity enema I have been needing! Thank you Dr. Scalin for the prescription.



See all of Brenda's creations on her site HERE.

No comments: