The Daily Turtle

Angela W. in Toronto, Ontario, Canada is doing a project she calls The Daily Turtle, where she plans to make or document one in her own collection...




Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this because I thought it would be fun!  I did what I called "Project 52" in 2010 where I took at least one photo every week for the calendar year.  I really enjoyed that so I am doing that again this year but I also wanted to do something new.  I am determined to keep these two projects separate.  I am kind of curious to see if I can stay committed to a daily project (I have a hard enough time getting dinner on the table every night), and I'm also curious to see if I can come up with 365 different ideas!


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Well, I am not too far into the project, but I am already seeing turtles in things that I have never thought of as turtle-y.  I am also seeing crafting possibilities that I hadn't thought of before.  Most of those are temporary, but still interesting to me.  My oldest daughter is concerned that our house is going to become "overrun with turtles"!  She just shakes her head when she sees me assembling broccoli or something similar but then offers to let me play with some of her dough when she is baking homemade pretzels. (I was in the middle of something time sensitive and couldn't.  Maybe next time!)  My youngest daughter tries to help me with my ideas sometimes, and my husband has made me a wooden turtle so it is kind of becoming a bit of a family affair!



See all of Angela's turtles on her site HERE.

p.s. Angela recently won a 365 Merit Badge and she made it into a turtle as well!...


2 comments:

Ange said...

Thank you so much for featuring me!!!!!
This made my day.
:)

Jackie said...

We love following Angela. It has been so interesting with some of her creations. Things I never would have thought of. Way to go Angela!