365 Days and One Knight

Stace Dumoski in Placentia, California is documenting an 8-inch knight "on his daily adventures, misadventures and lack of adventures" in 365 Days and One Knight...


Why did you decide to do this project? As the end of the year approached, I was already toying with the idea of a 365 project for 2011, but when my 9-year-old daughter gave me your book as a Christmas gift, I knew I had to commit to something. But I wanted it to be something that would complement my current creative interests (mainly writing and photography) without detracting time and focus from already on-going projects. Then a friend gifted me with this marvelous 8-inch knight as a souvenir from his trip overseas. That he should become my model for a yearlong photography project seemed almost inevitable.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I'm less than a month in, so I don't know if it's affected my life on a long-term basis just yet. Already, though, there have been days when the necessity of coming up with a photo idea seems more of an obligation than a pleasure, but I've done it anyway, which is part of the reason I wanted to do this challenge in the first place. I want to get myself in the habit of doing creative work even when I don't necessarily feel creative. I also think I'm learning to be a better photographer, which was my other goal. I'm experimenting more with exposure and lighting, and suffering the consequences (i.e. bad photos) when I'm too lazy to take the time to do it right!


See all of Stace's knights adventures HERE.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I love it. That is very well traveled knight!