skull3sixfive

Sean Smith in Calgary, Alberta, Canada was inspired by my Skull-A-Day project to spend 2010 creating his own skull3sixfive!...




Why did you decide to do this project? I wanted to return to some more tactile drawing instead of only digital art. I used to draw skulls all the time when I was younger so this seemed like a good fit. Around the same time I stumbled upon a website: skull-a-day where Noah Scalin created an artistic skull each day of the year. This became my inspiration to create a small art-piece each day with the focus on skulls.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? It has been an amazing process!

I have connected with others around the world with similar projects. One individual in England started the same day as I for the same reasons as I - he was also inspired by the skull-a-day site! We had never spoken before - just met traveling down the same digital highway!

The project ran to its completion [on December 31st] and I am both glad and disappointed to be done – an amazing journey!

See all of Sean's Skulls on his Flickr page HERE.

No comments: