NastyCute

My good friend Eliza Skinner in Los Angeles has started a hilarious project documenting "The nastiest thoughts of the cutest animals. Every day." NastyCute is a must read site...


Why did you decide to do this project? Reading Noah's book I was struck with how many people said "i got so much better at _____ by doing this project". So I thought about what I wanted to get better at: writing and music. The music thing I haven't figured out how to do yet, so I just jumped into a writing project first. Juxtaposing cute animals with dark comedy is definitely in my wheelhouse, so it seemed a good place to start. Plus, errebody lub aminals!

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? This one has only just started, so not so much yet. Before I did a project called "YAT - Year of Awesome Things" where I did at least one awesome thing every week. I didn't finish the year with that one, but it definitely improved my life by forcing me to do awesome exciting stuff, and by changing the way I looked at the stuff I already did. Band practice / pizza party just because? Sure, that counts as awesome.

Read all of Eliza's "nasty" thoughts HERE.

No comments: