Pix X 366

Jon Grinder in Denver, Colorado shared his daily drawing project from 2008 called Pix X 366. He actually made 366 drawings instead of just 365 since it was a leap year!...


Why did you decide to do this project?  I had a number of reasons: I wanted to improve my drawing skills... I wanted to see what subjects would occur to me from day to day and track my mood, etc, by that... and i wanted to justify to myself the assertion that i am an "artist"...


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? It definitely made me look at art, differently, having a daily deadline and no long-term plan for subject matter.  Eventually, the mere act of drawing became the art, rather than the picture itself.  And, it did solidify the feeling of actually being an artist, rather than a guy who draws (if that makes any sense).

See all of Jon's pix on his blog HERE.

No comments: