Six of One, Half-dozen of the Other...

Foust in Richmond, Virginia is three years into drawing daily cartoons on Facebook in Six of One, Half-dozen of the Other...



Why did you decide to do this project? At first, I was challenged by my husband to see how long I could keep coming up with ideas for cartoons. Once I got started, it was fun to continue challenging myself.





How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?  For one thing, a publisher who was familiar with my Six of One Facebook page gave me a book deal.

I also think the act of coming up with a cartoon every day is a great form of mental and creative exercise—good for the mind, the same way physical exercise is good for the body. It’s also helped me in my other creative work ( I am also a writer and printmaker). I used to go with whatever I thought of first, but now I tend to look for multiple ways to approach my ideas.



See all of Foust's cartoons HERE.

2 comments:

Foust said...

Thanks for the shout out, Noah!

mim said...

So much fun. I'm happy that she got a book deal!!