Phobias

Matt Gruenfeld in Chicago, Illinois is creating a yearlong project about Phobias!



Why did you decide to do this project? I am a high school art teacher, and was given your book by my co worker (another art teacher who is also taking the challenge). I am primarily a 2-D artist that specializes in figurative work. I chose Phobias since there are so many (over 500), and I have always been interested in the quirks of the human mind/personality


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?  I think that this has really helped me focus on creating something daily.  I love coming up with new solutions to the creative problems posed.  It has also helped in my idea generation outside of doing pieces for the book. For example, I have started a series based on the major arcana of tarot cards.

See all of Matt's phobia's HERE.  


No comments: