Fort Williams 365 Project

Stephanie Bowe of Cape Elizabeth, Maine took a photo a day in her Fort Williams 365 Project...



Why did you decide to do this project?  I have started this page as a way to journal my 365 Project for 2014. Living so close to Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth, Maine, I have always appreciated its beauty. Even though I live in the same town, I never seem to go there as much as I should. I have decided to visit the park every day during 2014. It is famous for being the home of the historic Portland Headlight lighthouse, but I want to commit to exploring and getting to know all the nooks and crannies of the park. I hope to really observe how people use this wonderful gem in my town and grow ever more grateful that I get to live near it.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I am on the verge of completing my 365 project for the year 2014. What began as a daily challenge for myself has now become part of my daily habit. The park that I photographed every day this year has not only become very well-known to me but feels as though it is part of me now. The exercise of going to the park every day and photographing a moment from my time there has opened my eyes to a new way of experiencing the park and my time there. Although I was able to capture some spectacular images ( others not so much), the intention was to journal my project. Through this journaling, I became more observant, mindful and grateful and I truly believe it has made a positive difference in my life and how I view the world around me. I am eager to start another 365 project for 2015 and see where it will guide me.



 See all of Stephanie's photos HERE.

No comments: