365 Guitars - Follow Up

Barbara Parker completed her 365 Guitars project on January 14, 2014 (which was actually 367 days after starting it on January 13, 2013)...



What are the biggest lessons/skills you learned from doing your project?  The first thing I learned is that I can focus at least 365 times on one thing.  I learned also that the internet is a powerful agent for connecting with the rest of the world - even as I believe it isolates us in some ways.  Through this project I have met the most interesting people - people who are working through their own 365 projects, or whose observations of life fascinate, repel or delight me...but always enlighten me beyond the bounds of my own life.  I have learned much from these interactions that would have never come to my attention without 365 Guitars.




In what ways did the project change your life?  It has made me a more dedicated artist in many ways.  I am able to set goals with some sense that I will actually be able to see them through - if I can make it 365 days, it seems pretty clear that I will be able to get through a morning.  As a result, I am painting more, I am writing more music, and I am just writing more.  It is all to the good.  What I know most certainly as a result of this project is that the world is full of art and beauty.  Absolutely everywhere.


Now what?  I'm not sure.  I'm in this sort of hiatus period where I am almost determined not to think about the next thing - even as I know there is something brewing.  There are indicators, and suppressing them is getting more and more difficult.  I keep an iPad next to the bed so that I am able to capture the random phrases that are escaping from the growing fissures, but all of it has not yet coalesced into something with a name.  I'll let you know when it does.


See all of Barbara's guitars HERE.


Read Barbara's original 365 interview HERE.

No comments: