Going Analogue

Ian Rosenfeldt in Toronto, Canada spent 2012 going analogue, with one painting a day, for 365 days...



Why did you decide to do this project?  Let me highlight the essence...I've got a full time job and I'm working on my Masters of Science (in creativity, innovation and change leadership. Spending so much time in front of a computer for work and school meant that whatever free time I did have, I was loath to spend it watching tv... I decided that painting was a way to add some mindful and deliberate incubation and meditative activity to my already jam-packed day.






How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? 3 huge A-HA moments for me:
  1. the unexpected bonus of a stronger memory...being able to recall the thoughts between the brushstrokes, even from work 12 months old.
  2. the drive towards self directed challenge does not end after 366 paintings...it is merely cultivated and stronger than ever before.
  3. the effect this project has had on others...very mind blowing and quite humbling.
I would love to share this with your audience, especially since I believe it shows that you don't have to have a huge artistic talent in order to undertake an artistic challenges. Just create your intent, and embrace the ambiguity of the challenge. You never know where it might lead.
 

Read more of Ian's story and reflections is HERE. And see all of his paintings on his blog HERE.


No comments: