Blessings on the Wind

Liz Pearce in Ngongotaha, Rotorua, New Zealand is creating a daily prayer flag project she calls Blessings on the Wind...



Why did you decide to do this project? Starting in March, 2012, I have been making, and hanging, a prayer flag every day. I use the template recommended by The Prayer Flag Project. I photograph the flag, and then hang it in my yard: a blessing in the wind. Finally, I post the photograph on my prayer flag blog on my website www.heartfeltdolls.weebly.com. I limit myself to thirty minutes for the entire process.

During March, 2012, I read an article about The Prayer Flag Project. It's simplicity; it's compassion; it's power to heal, all appealed to me. I decided to commit to making one prayer flag a day for a year.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Prayer flags have become an intrinsic part of my day. I have been making them for over 260 days and the practice is as normal for me as brushing my teeth or walking the dog. I have made flags to mark special occasions such as ANZAC Day, the death of a friend's mother, and the departure of my daughter overseas. I find the daily practice a spiritual practice: meditative, creative, disciplined, an anchor point for my day. It is also addictive!


See all of Liz's prayer flags on her blog HERE.

No comments: