The Toothbrush Chronicles

Heather Rigney "outside" Providence, Rhode Island is creating The Toothbrush Chronicles. Which she explains is "a mini-novella told in fifty-two entries. My main characters are (She) & (He) and they are both toothbrushes looking for love. Their story is told through photographs and captions once a week for a year."...


Why did you decide to do this project? The idea to do something about the secret life of toothbrushes has been in my head for about ten years. However, I just wasn’t sure what I was going to do about it. Then, just before the start of 2012, a friend gave me the book, 365: A Daily Creativity Journal. The timing was perfect. I knew I had to make a blog chronicling the life of two toothbrushes.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Well, beyond friends and family thinking that I am completely insane for playing with toothbrushes, I have learned to be more focused and dedicated to something I believe in. I have a history of starting things and then never finishing them because I felt judged by others. Often I felt my endeavors were viewed as ridiculous or frivolous, so I would just give up. I’m done with that. The toothbrush blog is a way to prove to myself that I can go the distance on behalf of my own creativity and for that I am thankful.




Follow Heather's Toothbrush Chronicles HERE.

No comments: