Pancakes and Pendants

My friend Maria Carra Rose here in Richmond. VA is spending a year making Pancakes and Pendants. She explains, "This is my inspirational project for 2012. I will be trying to get my groove back by experimenting with cooking and crafting, either making a new recipe or piece of jewelry each day and writing about the experience."...




Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to take on this project because I have been in a creative rut for almost 3 years and it's time that I take my life back and get back into doing the things I love and sharing them with the people I love.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? So far, I have become increasingly aware how freaking crazy I am to pile something else onto my life's workload. I do think that it is necessary for me to do this, mostly because, selfishly, it's 100% for me. The food and jewelry that happen to come into existence because of the project, well, that can be the payoff to my friends and love ones who have to deal with the crazy. I guess we will see where it takes me.



See all of Carra's jewelry & meals HERE.

No comments: