Fan-A-Day

Gina AKA Whee! Gina! in Houston, Texas is making a Fan-a-Day!...



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project after I had started a blog.  I didn't know how to, so I browsed randomly through blogs until I found some which were interesting to me.  Somehow I stumbled upon the 365 project.  I had been changing my Facebook profile picture every day with a picture of a nun....Nun-A-Day.....for no particular reason, and I thought,  this is quite similar, but a lot more creative. As I had a shop (on Etsy) selling painted fans, fans seemed obvious.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I was bored with the Etsy shop and the fans were getting stale.I had wanted to expand the fan making into more creative techniques and materials but I didn't have a venue to show them. This is it! At once, I became enthusiastic again, I woke up with an idea every morning and could hardly wait to jump out of bed and get started.  I think about it all the time. I have even dreamed some of them. The project has reawakened my enthusiasm and encouraged me in my blogging as well. It has made me want to learn more about using the computer, and introduced me to online friends. Sort of like penpals, but with the immediacy of new messages every day. I have bought some cool greetings cards from Marika Makes, who made a Bird A Day, and learned how to use translation tools so that I can follow several bloggers in Germany and the Netherlands. I never expected this to lead to learning Dutch!

I have done 6 months now, and am very pleased with the whole process, all the way from new ideas to stolen ideas to desperation last-minute fans. Sometimes I get the nicest comments from the most (to me)  last-ditch efforts. I am already thinking ahead to what I will do when I have finished the year of  fans.





See all of Gina's fans HERE.  

No comments: