Napkin Moustahce A Day Follow-Up

I've decided to periodically check back in with some folks who have completed their 365 projects...
 
From November 11, 2010 to  November 10, 2011 Phil Ford created a Napkin Moustache A Day...

#008 - One of my first really good ones, and something about the angle of this that makes my large head minuscule in comparison to the HUGE drink they served.

What are the biggest lessons/skills you learned from doing your project? Creativity, no matter what level you perform it as, will spark fires -infernos-  of the ability to pursue other projects even further.  Which leads to the answer to the next question...

#064 - I like this one for the note on the napkin.  I had an idea that if I ever got a "book deal" about the napkin moustache that this would have been the cover on the book.



In what ways did the project change your life? Doing this Napkin Moustache A Day has changed my life immensely.  I am a freelance writer, have the degree in English, but never did much more than write magazine articles, columns and reviews of movies and music over the years.  Naturally I always wanted to write on a larger scale, short stories, etc.  Through this small effort of blogging about putting a napkin on my face, not only did it spark my practice writing regularly, creatively, entertainingly, but it also brought me in contact with other creative people that I may have never met.  The project showed me determination of seeing things through, to have something more than just an idea in my head.  It jumps starts the creative engine that often stalls for people.  

#093 - I love this one, crossing generations!  This is one of the first "groupstaches" I did, when people started doing them with me.  She's a lady at a retirement home that we visit on my job on the library Bookmobile.  The best thing about this, is that she didn't think twice about doing this with me.  No reason was necessary because it was, well, fun!

Now what? More.  I have co-edited a book called "Richmond Macabre :  Nightmares from the River City", a book a short horror stories by various other authors (including one by me) that was well received and the first of its kind for Richmond, Virginia.  You can go to www.richmondmacabre.com to find out more or order it through your local bookstore or amazon.  I am also now involved in a few other creative projects, and planning more.  It's all about following through with these ideas now.


#144 - Hitting my creative stride with this, was creating mirror shots, hard to find me in it, plus I made it like a seek-and-find in the blog post.

Read Phil's original interview HERE.


#275 - The wackiest place I did it was on a roller coaster!  Awesome!  Also with my kid, we were on Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens.


See all of Phil's moustaches HERE.

1 comment:

mim said...

This is so fun. I think Phil's project was so nutty and original and so fab that he did it all year, and got others to join him! Hooray Phil.