Herman365

Elizabeth McAlhany of North, South Carolina "yep!  it's real!" created Herman365.  She explains, "I used my Chinese Crested-Chihuahua  mutt, Herman, as my inspiration; but about halfway through the year, his brothers and sisters got awfully jealous (so I included them, too).  My daughter (now 6) helped out a ton."...





Why did you decide to do this project? My friend (Richmond chiropractor Dr. Franklin Luke) bought me the book last year and it seemed like just what I needed to jumpstart my creative mind.  I had gotten a bit sluggish in the last few years.  BUT NOW - holy crap!  Baby, I'm baaaack!



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? The projects pushed me out of my comfort zone - even to the point of buying an SLR and learning some basic photography skills in order to preserve the projects.  Also, it was great to spend time with my kid combining our ideas and having fun.  In fact, we're now in the process of painting three murals, hosting an art swap, and auctioning some of our work for an animal charity.



See Elizabeth's top 100 images from her project HERE.




No comments: