Amy's 365 Haikus

Amy Glaser in Hudson, Wisconsin recently finished making 365 haikus for her status update on Facebook over the course of a year...

Haiku #365
Creativity
Practiced ev'ry day one year
Hope it continues

Why did you decide to do this project?  I was inspired by the 365 Creativity Journal. I had the honor of being hired to proof the book's layout, so I got a head start on the other projects that have been inspired by this book.

Haiku #334
Drinking and knitting
Really don't mix very well
Knocked-over glass; oops

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I purposely chose something easy so that I could keep up with the every day aspect. There were only two haikus where I was simply uninspired, but I still managed to make a haiku out of the lack of inspiration. I will continue my haikus since my friends enjoyed them so much. And I started to think in haikus after a while. I'd think "Ooh, that would make a good haiku" and would start tapping out the syllables with my fingers. I also have inspired some of my friends to write haikus, so that was pretty awesome as well.

Haiku #332
Creativity
I don't have it on this day
Very lame haiku 

What are the biggest lessons/skills you learned from doing your project? My biggest lesson is that I am capable of sticking to something, which I've been doubting lately. I can do anything if I put my mind to it.


Haiku #327
Sweaty, hot step class
Lock of hair stuck to forehead
I looked like Squiggy

Now what? Friends have suggested I do limericks, but I have to rhyme and I am not a fan of poems that rhyme. (I judge high school speech tournaments and bristle when I hear a student caught into the rhyme of a poem.) I'm going to continue my haikus. They are fun and not something you come across every day as a status update on FB. Being that I am trying to save money, maybe I'll think of something to save money every day.

Haiku #291
Misread directions
Creates a unique design
Always improvise

No comments: