Through My Eyes

Jenny Hays of Naples, Florida is spending a year sharing her world in Through My Eyes. She explains, "This project is to document life lessons I’ve learned (the hard way, through others, and ones I’d like to share with my future children one day) as a person with Asperger’s Syndrome."...



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project as I believe that my life is an important journey that I should document!  Isn’t everybody’s?  However, as a person with Asperger’s Syndrome, my take on things can be a lot different from the perspectives of others...but they are what they are and by doing this project, perhaps I will open doors for others who are on the Autism Spectrum as well...I may not communicate like everyone else, but it doesn’t mean I don’t have anything to say...I have PLENTY to say, but the best way for me to say it is through my art (something I’ve enjoyed doing all my life).   Through photographs and art, I am able to communicate more than even some people without AS.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I am only four days into this project, and am having some difficulty keeping up, but it is amazing how much less anxiety I feel, especially while doing the art.  I hope that it will let my family and others see my life and the lessons I’ve learned through the eyes of someone with Asperger’s Syndrome...my eyes...and perhaps even change preconceived notions about people on the Autism Spectrum.



See all of the things Jenny sees HERE.

No comments: