Art Journaling

Kim Bailey in Long Island, New York is spending a year Art Journaling. She explains, "For months I kicked around ideas so that I could start working on my 365 project. I finally decided to start my very own art journal. My art journal pages are messy, fun, personal and inspirational – all reflections of how I’m feeling on that particular day."...



Why did you decide to do this project? I chose art journaling as a 365 project because I have always loved combining colors, collaging, drawing and just putting down my thoughts and visions artistically. When I was a kid this was so much easier; when I got bit by the adult bug things changed – life happened. Not only did I want that feeling of nostalgia, I also wanted to see how creative I could be.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Honestly, I was really surprised at how much this project affected my life. Coloring inside the lines, over thinking and perfectionism hold no place in this project. Letting go and doing what my mind, heart and hands feel, is liberating! I’ve also taken this approach in other areas of my life.


See Kim's journal progress and other projects on her blog HERE

No comments: