Daily Bird

Jayne Selwa in Medford, New Jersey, USA is making a Daily Bird...



Why did you decide to do this project? In early March I was poking around in a bookstore and saw Noah's book 365… I was immediately taken with the idea, and decided right then that I would do a 365 project. That’s really it – I loved the idea, and said “I’m in!” I decided on birds for my theme because I love birds, and they currently play a significant part in my life. I decided to start my project on the Spring Equinox because it is such a good time for beginnings.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Committing to make something every day has really, in a very short amount of time, helped me push through a bit of an artistic block. By making something every day, I don’t have time to worry about whether it’s “good enough”. I only have time to make it, photograph/scan it, post it, and journal it. It’s true, we all know this but forget: it doesn’t matter if our creative output is “good enough”. What matters is that we are working, creating, consistently.


See all of Jayne's birds HERE.

No comments: