365 Days of Naps

Kathleen Ruiz in Long Island, New York is documenting 365 Days of Naps. She says, "I  was looking through my library of pictures of the two most important people in my life. I began to notice a pattern. I have an awful lot of images of each of them sleeping, sometimes together. So I decided to document a year in their lives, a year of naps. The book is dedicated to John and John and the quality time they spend together sleeping."...



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do 365 Days of Naps because I thought it was a humorous idea and a great way to capture such a peaceful moment. They love to sleep together and the craziness of being 2 melts away and he becomes an angel.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Doing this project has helped me realize I can continue to be creative even when I am a stay at home mom of a toddler. I might not be in the great studio in DUMBO that I gave up, but I can still be creative and teach my son to be creative as well.


No comments: