Sketch Before Sleep

My friend Carolyn Belefski here in Virginia shared a project she called Sketch Before Sleep. She explains, "I received a Wacom tablet for Christmas in 2009 and a few days later SKETCH BEFORE SLEEP was created in January 2010 as an outlet to experiment with the tablet. Before I went to sleep each night, I spent a few minutes  to create something everyday as my gift to the world. After I finished each illustration, I would post it on Twitter and Facebook so other people could experience something visual. I know this project has already inspired a few of my friends to draw more, and I hope to encourage others to do something creative everyday for themselves."...




Why did you decide to do this project? My goal for this project is to say I did something creative everyday for at least for one year. I also wanted to get acquainted with using a tablet and creating art digitally.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I feel accomplished that I stuck with the mission and it motivated me to draw a lot. I also paid attention to pop culture and media because some of my sketches represented a current event of that particular day. A lot of sleep was lost because being on the internet late at night drew me in to look at things, work on other projects or answer email when most people were sleeping.


See all of Carolyn's sketches HERE.

1 comment:

Misha said...

Nice work, Carolyn!